Radio Milwaukee’s Amplifier program announces its next season of public workshops for artists and creatives. The free events, which offer insight into the music and entertainment industries, will kick off on Saturday, March 25 at the station’s Walker’s Point studios.
“We are extremely excited to bring the expertise of national mentors to all of Milwaukee’s talented artists,” Amplifier Program Director Chad Roper said. “Building on the momentum from last year, we are proud to share the full lineup of experts we are bringing in to share with our city this year.”
The 2023 Amplifier season will begin with a session focused on building business credit with financial strategist Will Roundtree.
The remaining Amplifier season will feature the following guests and topics:
- Friday, April 21 – The Art of Production I with J White Did It
- Saturday, May 27 – Mental Wellness with therapist Mickell Daniels and Carla Q. Nealy, MS, LPC, CSAC
- Saturday, June 17 – The Art of Negotiating with Mario Breedlove
- Saturday, July 22 – The Art of Production II with BMW Kenny
- Saturday, August 19 – The Art of Live Performance & Production with Shonn Hinton
- Saturday, September 23 – Sound Judgment
- Saturday, October 21 – Amplifier Class of 2021, Community Meet & Greet
All workshops are free, open to the public and will be held at Radio Milwaukee’s Walker’s Point studios, 220 E Pittsburgh Ave. Artists can sign-up to participate in workshops at ampmke.org. All workshops will also be streamed live on Radio Milwaukee and Amplifier’s Facebook pages.
In addition to the workshops, Amplifier has produced a six episode podcast of its 2022 content. Almost all public sessions from last season, including Rico Love, Vincent Searcy and more, are now available for artists to listen and digest on all major podcast streaming platforms.
To learn more about Amplifier, follow Amplifier (@ampmke) on Facebook and Instagram.